The Who, What, & When of Yoga Mandala
Yoga Mandala is a place for people from all walks of life to discover, experience and pursue the study of yoga. We are committed to sharing our belief in the goodness of yoga by combining physical yoga practices for the body with breath and meditation techniques for calming and balancing the mind.
Yoga Mandala is a small community yoga studio. I want to say the studio just kind of happened, without much forethought or planning even. In fact, it took a lot less thinking than doing and would certainly never have ‘happened’ without the time and energy, kindnesses and trust of many, many, many people…I like to believe that the studio is a natural extension of all the preceding events and circumstances in my own life, synergistic with yoga’s growing ‘popularity’ in this country at the time.
At the foundation of yoga’s exponential growth in America is the fact that our culture feeds our collective desire to find answers (to questions we haven’t always formulated), to accomplish and attain (goals we don’t necessarily realize we don’t really want for ourselves), to accelerate and achieve (illusions of our increasingly erratic minds). Our basic currency in this society is money, so yes, we have this tendency to measure all we do and what we are in dollars and cents. Today, yoga is a multi-billion dollar industry, but I can assure you that for small studio owners (like myself), teaching yoga is not a particularly lucrative enterprise, well, not if you measure it in currency. I can attest, however, that I am immeasurably wealthier today, in more ways than one, than ever before in my life so far.
Step onto your yoga mat and join all of us who make Yoga Mandala such a wonderful place to be. Feel what it’s like to breathe. Appreciate the gift of the physical body and the joy of movement. Experience moments of stillness and equanimity… Our doors are open to anyone and everyone. Our intention is always to make each yoga experience an extraordinary one.
Why Start Yoga?
- CURIOSITY. What is yoga all about anyway? There are many different yoga traditions, and many more teachers who do not teach within a single tradition, so come try something different, come try something new, give yourself the benefit of mind, & body health, and explore several classes or try different teachers before you come to any conclusions…
- EXPERIENCE. the benefits of yoga for yourself; you keep hearing how great it is for you, now is the time to try it out.
- ROUTINE. Just as painful habits take time to unravel, a new discipline takes time to instill
- RELAX. By using your breath, learn how to unwind and create more balance in your body and mind.
- SPACE. Life will always be busy. Learn how to create more balance and space in your day-to-day life.
- HAPPINESS. The key to contentment and peace comes when you take time to know yourself on all levels. Delve into this time-seasoned practice to re-discover what is always there but perhaps you’ve neglected or forgotten.