What is PROGRAMS & EVENTS?
Programs and events are opportunities to delve into deeper exploration of whatever your practice of choice may be, yoga or otherwise. We offer you special programming as a way of nurturing your curiosity and bringing practitioners in the community who are incredibly talented at what they do straight to you. Soak up the experience and enjoy the benefits on and off the mat!
January 27, 2018 | 1:00-3:00 PM
Do you ever feel pain in your neck? If so, you’re not alone. The American Osteopathic Association reports that more than one in four Americans will experience neck pain at some point in their lives. The good news is yoga can help.
Do your shoulders feel tight or cramped? Shoulder pain is a common condition that impacts people of all ages and activity levels. The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the human body and can benefit from yoga poses practiced with optimal alignment and body awareness.
Join Pam as she explores ways to relieve common neck and shoulder discomfort. Restore strength, stability, and freedom to these keys areas of your body.
Current teachers and students are welcome in this All Levels workshop. Class size is limited to 15 students. Please wear appropriate yoga clothing. Yoga Alliance® Continuing Education (CE) credits for available for contact hours.
Questions and additional information:
Contact Pam at email@example.com
Cost/Investment: $50 on or before Jan 22nd; $55 after Jan 22nd.
February 9-10, 2018 | Friday 11am-6pm and Saturday 12-6pm
The 2-day workshop will include:
- – What is RY?
- – The history of RY
- – The benefits of RY
- – The 8 limbs of Yoga and RY
- – RY props
- – Yoga Nidra and Guided Meditation
- – 2-hour Restorative Yoga class
- – Using essential oils, crystals, music, Reiki
- – RY poses (set up for poses – yourself or students, variations, benefits)
- – RY sequences (for teaching or home practice) including sequences related to chakras, part of the body, detox sequence, and more!
Open to all students:
– those who have experienced restorative yoga poses and want to learn more
– those who want to create a home practice- those who want to teach others.
If you are a RYT – you will be eligible for 12.5 hours of CEUs for Yoga Alliance. If you are in the Spiritual Path Yoga Program at Yoga Mandala, you can use these hours toward the program.
Cost/Investment: $250 by Jan 10th; $275 after 1/10/18.
Relax | Restore | Refresh | Renew
- Relax your body with a restorative SPA Yoga® slow-flow experience with feel-good, hands-on assists and yoga massage
- Renew your senses with a chocolate meditation, lavender towels and soothing candlelight
- Restore your mind with a calming, extended savasana with guided meditation
- Refresh yourself with calming beverages, soothing scents and inspiring music
- Receive a LOTUSWEITM flower essence serum and Wei of ChocolateTM meditation chocolate for your home practice
SPA Yoga® is a slow-flow, restorative, whole-body sensory experience. By engaging all five senses with soft candlelight, soothing music, aromatherapy, lots of hands-on assists and a renewed awareness of taste (including chocolate!), SPA Yoga® aligns you with the inner wisdom of deep relaxation.
The physical practice takes time to open the body’s subtle energy and prepares you to experience new depths of awareness in an extended, guided savasana. During SPA Yoga®, you will experience extra hands-on assists and massages, a calming candlelit room atmosphere, delightful scents and beautiful music in the background.
Be prepared to feel like you just walked out of a SPA!
All Levels welcome and encouraged!
In this workshop you will:
- Reveal simple and modern strategies to establish or deepen your home meditation practice
- Learn the basics about the ancient practice of meditation, including commonly believed myths
- Discover the naturally fluctuating cycles of the mind and the impact on your thoughts and emotions
- Experiment with a variety of meditation approaches to uncover your personal meditation style and hints to incorporate meditation into your busy life
- Learn about the powerful shifts you can make toward peace and happiness by establishing a regular meditation practice
- Experiment with breathing practices that support and enhance the calming of the mind
If you have never meditated before, or you are confused about what meditation really is, this is safe space to explore and learn. If you have some experience with meditation, and you’re looking to deepen your practice, this is also a terrific opportunity. There will be time to ask questions and share experiences!
All Levels welcome and encouraged!
>>> Meditation for Modern Times and Busy People Registration ($40)
The Buddha defined Wise Intention as having three aspects: the intention of kindness, the intention of compassion and the intention of renunciation. Each intention serves the skillful cultivation of wisdom and love in our life.
In this special Yin Yoga intensive, will use the quiet practices of Yin Yoga and Insight Meditation, to shed light on intention, to learn from that intention, and to promote an onward cultivation of wisdom and compassion.
What is Yin Yoga?
Yin Yoga is a complementary yoga practice to more dynamic and active yoga styles. In Yin Yoga, floor postures are held passively for several minutes in order to access a safe and positive ‘stress’ on the deeper layers of connective tissue in the body.
Physically, Yin Yoga restores and maintains the natural mobility of the joints, primarily between the navel and the knees. Energetically, Yin Yoga opens the body’s meridian system, which enhances the body’s energetic flow and supports emotional equilibrium.
Reiki Level 1 – Part 1: Friday April 13, 2018 ~ 6:15 – 8:45 pm $50 >>> PURCHASE
Reiki Level 1 – Part 2: Saturday April 14, 2018 ~ 12:30 – 5:00 pm $100 >>> PURCHASE
Reiki Level 2 – Part 1: Distant & Situational Healing – TBA >>> PURCHASE
Reiki Level 2 – Part 2: Cell Memory Process – TBA >>> PURCHASE
*Certification for Reiki Level 1 requires attendance to both parts 1 & 2. Certification for Reiki Level 2 requires Reiki Level 1 training and certification and both parts of Reiki Level 2 training with the same Reiki Master.
INTRO TO TEACHING YOGA WITH THEMES (offered in 2 parts) for teachers & practitioners with Pam Gaither
We all have yoga classes that stand out in our minds. Perhaps we found ourselves in a puddle of cathartic tears during Savasana (Corpse Pose) or euphoric after rising into an unassisted Sirsasana (Headstand) for the first time. Something that the teacher said, or simply her way of being, can stick with us for years. As yoga teachers, we all want to deliver such classes. We want to touch our students’ hearts, even long after they leave their yoga mats. So, then, what is it that sets an exemplary yoga class apart from a forgettable one? Is there a method behind the magic? This introduction to the art of theming part 1 will show you:
- How to take the mystery out of teaching with a theme
- Fundamentals of creating and weaving a theme into your class sequence
- How to theme a yoga class with authenticity and meaning
- Methods to make your class inspiring and transformational, deepening your impact as a teacher
- Where to find inspiration
- Sample themes
>>> PURCHASE HOW TO THEME A YOGA CLASS-Part 1 ($65)
- Introduce your theme in a captivating, powerful way
- Seamlessly weave themes with alignment instruction
- Create a practice sequence that integrates theme(s) into your teaching
- Find your authentic voice that allows themes to flow naturally from within you.
- Intro to Teaching Yoga with Themes Part 1, or by teacher’s permission
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, provide constructive feedback, and open your heart.
FUNCTIONASANA: Parts 1, 2 & 3 – PADAS, HIPS & UPPERBACK/SHOULDERS with Carly
Date: COMING BACK IN 2018
Please Note: The first workshop: The Foot, is advised, but not required, prior to experiencing the workshop on hips and/or shoulders.
>>> PURCHASE FUNCTIONASANA ~ PADAS: THE FOOT ($50) HIPS & PELVIS ($50) SHOULDERS & UPPER BACK ($50)
Opening Dedication | Vinyasa Flow Fire Prayer | Yin/Restorative Heart Prayer | Meditation with Nicole
Thank you for supporting me in remembering Kassidy, the beautiful daughter of my partner Kenji, and Reach Athletes Founder. In doing so, you also support some truly amazing families fighting cancer as a daily struggle.
Thank you so much for your registration, thank you for your generosity!
>>> CHOOSE HAPPY Yoga 2017 Event Registration ($40) – Space is limited-This registration reserves your spot.
>>> Gift/Donation ONLY – With gratitude
AYURVEDIC CLEANSE with Cynthia Peterson
The cleanse will be set up to include a pre-cleanse (typically 3 days , the main cleanse (4 days) and a post cleanse or reintegration (3 days). Yoga Mandala will be offering a 10 day experience – this can be modified in any way that works for you.
The session will be an intro to Ayurveda and to cleansing. Participants will learn why we cleanse according to Ayurveda, the benefits of cleansing and how to approach each phase of the cleanse. Basic Ayurvedic concepts will be covered: dosha/constitution, imbalanced doshas, daily routines and how time of day, seasons and time of life impact health and well-being.
Take time to mark your calendar and wrap your mind around taking a week and half to devote to yourself and trying something new. Yes, you can have a life and a family and work and still cleanse! Quiet , rest and reflection certainly enhance any cleanse and you will be encouraged to take some of the busy-ness out of your schedule and will be given suggestions and ideas about how to do this. We meet on 10/21 and start the pre-cleanse Monday 10/23, the main cleanse starts Thursday 10/26 and we will finish with the post-cleanse Wednesday 11/1. You will receive daily emails for the 10 days usually inspirational and informational. I will answer any questions in the following days email using a “reply all “ format so that everyone may benefit from questions and answers. Handouts and recipes will be provided at the 10/21 workshop, there will be time for questions and we will decide then as a group on the possibility of a post cleanse meeting.
>>>AYERVEDIC CLEANSE Event Registration ($50)
Yoga Mandala’s CHILDREN’S YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 2017
COMING UP: Returning in 2018
Our own fun and amazing kids yoga instructor Sharon Marrama of Here Comes The Sun Yoga, offers her one-day course for teachers, administrators, camp counselors, parents, child psychologists, librarians, or any professionals who work with children and want to introduce yoga, mindfulness and meditation into their classrooms, careers and lives.
Course Content includes:
>>> PURCHASE YOGA MANDALA KID’S YOGA TEACHING TRAINING $250