What is PROGRAMS & EVENTS?
Programs and events are opportunities to delve into deeper exploration of whatever your practice of choice may be, yoga or otherwise. We offer you special programming as a way of nurturing your curiosity and bringing practitioners in the community who are incredibly talented at what they do straight to you. Soak up the experience and enjoy the benefits on and off the mat!
INTRO TO TEACHING YOGA WITH THEMES (offered in 2 parts) for teachers & practitioners withPam Gaither
We all have yoga classes that stand out in our minds. Perhaps we found ourselves in a puddle of cathartic tears during Savasana (Corpse Pose) or euphoric after rising into an unassisted Sirsasana (Headstand) for the first time. Something that the teacher said, or simply her way of being, can stick with us for years. As yoga teachers, we all want to deliver such classes. We want to touch our students’ hearts, even long after they leave their yoga mats. So, then, what is it that sets an exemplary yoga class apart from a forgettable one? Is there a method behind the magic? This introduction to the art of theming part 1 will show you:
- How to take the mystery out of teaching with a theme
- Fundamentals of creating and weaving a theme into your class sequence
- How to theme a yoga class with authenticity and meaning
- Methods to make your class inspiring and transformational, deepening your impact as a teacher
- Where to find inspiration
- Sample themes
- Introduce your theme in a captivating, powerful way
- Seamlessly weave themes with alignment instruction
- Create a practice sequence that integrates theme(s) into your teaching
- Find your authentic voice that allows themes to flow naturally from within you.
- Intro to Teaching Yoga with Themes Part 1, or by teacher’s permission
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, provide constructive feedback, and open your heart.
- Fatigue / insomnia
- Depression / anxiety / brain fog
- Weight loss / weight gain
- PMS, perimenopause, menopause
- Chronic joint pain / muscular pain / osteoporosis
- Fibroids / endometriosis / PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Autoimmune conditions, hypo- or hyperthyroid function
- Digestive issues
- Loss of stamina / lethargy
COMING SOON: Save the dates
Reiki Level 1 – Part 1: Friday October 27, 2017 ~ 6:15 – 8:45 pm $50 > PURCHASE
Reiki Level 1 – Part 2: Saturday October 28, 2017 ~ 12:00 – 4:30 pm $100 > PURCHASE
Reiki Level 2 – Part 1: Distant & Situational Healing – Saturday November 18, 3-6 pm $ 75 > PURCHASE
Reiki Level 2 – Part 2: Cell Memory Process – Tuesday November 28, 6:15-8:45 pm $100 > PURCHASE
*Certification for Reiki Level 1 requires attendance to both parts 1 & 2. Certification for Reiki Level 2 requires Reiki Level 1 training and certification and both parts of Reiki Level 2 training with the same Reiki Master.
COMING UP: Sunday October 29 ~ 11a – 5p
Our own fun and amazing kids yoga instructor Sharon Marrama of Here Comes The Sun Yoga, offers her one-day course for teachers, administrators, camp counselors, parents, child psychologists, librarians, or any professionals who work with children and want to introduce yoga, mindfulness and meditation into their classrooms, careers and lives.
Course Content includes: