What is Tween Yoga?
The tween yoga classes and workshops encourage self-empowerment and self-acceptance in young teen girls and boys. Yoga, pranayama (breathing practices) and meditation are introduced in a safe and non-competitive environment. Classes are structured to provide strengthening poses to support posture, restorative yoga and meditation to support mental health and clarity.
The Summer Yoga Empowerment Series and tween monthly Empowerment Workshops for girls ages 8-12 serve as an introduction to yoga philosophy through a variety of song, craft and movement to assist the typical young teen girl in managing her increasingly socially complex and achievement-oriented world.
Summer 2018 Yoga Empowerment Series for Girls TBA – 1:00-2:30p ~ $100
Tween Yoga Series ~ WINTER 2017-18 (10 weeks) ~ $180 or $20 drop-in (by permission of instructor)
MONTHLY TWEEN EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOPS for Girls ~ $25 Please register directly for the workshop of your choice through our online calendar
Monthly Topics include:
- Self reflective journaling prompts
- Positive vs negative words and phrases
- I am…affirmation
- Goals and dreams: Reach for the stars
- Personal Manifesto
- Mindful mandala coloring
- Make a difference-discover a cause (purpose)
- Sharing kindness
- Aromatherapy and Self care
- Foodie: Healthy eating.
Fall/Winter 2017-18 Schedule of events ~ Saturdays 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- November 18, 2017 ~ Tween Jewelry Making workshop
- December 9, 2017 ~ Tween Gift Making workshop
- January 20, 2018 ~ Essential Oils workshop
- March 10, 2018 ~ Tween Spa Yoga