Programs of Self-Mastery & Teacher Training
Learn. Demonstrate. Teach. Inspire.
Yoga Mandala Programs of Self-Mastery & Teacher Training (SMTT)
Winchester, MA at Blue Monkey Yoga
Lead weekly by Senior Yoga Instructor Nicole Grant, MS, C-IAYT, E-RYT500 & YACEP provider (Yoga Mandala Founder & Owner)
~ABOUT THE SELF-MASTERY 200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM~
January ~ October 2019 (waitlist only)
Did you ever wonder if there was more to your yoga practice than maybe just asana, or the same stagnant routine, or one injury on top of another? While none of these are inherently ‘bad,’ what lessons can you derive from your experiences on the mat to revitalize your expression of yoga on and off the mat? Do you want to know more about how to extend to others the benefits of your own personal revelations through your practice of yoga? Is there is an inner drive to engage with your own evolution through yoga? Even if you do not yet know the ‘why,’ perhaps it is time to take the dive…
The wisdom and teachings behind the yoga methodology are truly powerful and empowering. We bring the sacred practice and traditional elements of yoga back into your in-depth study of yoga methodologies with Yoga Mandala’s 2019 SELF-MASTERY PROGRAM & 200-HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING. This 200+ hour training offers a concise overview of Functional Anatomy (in-studio), Yoga Philosophy, Teaching & Techniques-in-Training (through our Self-Mastery Master Clinics), The Chakras, Somatics & Vinyasa Krama (intelligent sequencing) offered in 7 modules, designed with the greatest care. This training is intentionally limited to 8 participants to offer you the most optimal experience in working with these supremely rich methodologies of yoga.
This program will teach you practical applications and skills in the methodology of the Eight-Limbed Path of Yoga (ashtanga yoga) concurrent with the study of the Chakra Model of Subtle Energy & Sequencing as an integrated model for overall physical health as well as mental and emotional well-being. Having a regular yoga (or other consciousness-elevating) practice is primordial to the success of any program of self-exploration and teacher training as your practice gives you a platform from which to really delve into the techniques and wisdom of yoga. My mission is to provide you with the most comprehensive and integrated approach to training in the methodology of yoga so that you can partake in an adventure of revelation that engages you on the levels of the somatic, intellectual, emotional and spiritual, and turns you in the direction of your own awakening. Remember always, yoga is not a destination, but rather a process, a practice, and a very fulfilling journey.
Monday November 26 , 2018 – 7:30 pm at Blue Monkey Studio ~ 1026 Main Street, Winchester , MA
Thursday November 29, 2018 – 5:15 pm at Blue Monkey Studio ~ 1026 Main Street, Winchester, MA
Registration and Additional Information:
(Ask us about our informational brochure)
Nicole at email@example.com
Weekly Sessions (in-studio 2x/mo. and 4.0+ hrs/mo. of audio-visual content): 108.0 hours
January 8 – October 19, 2019:
- Please commit to meeting in-studio on the first three Tuesdays of January 6:00 – 8:45 pm
- In-studio every first & third Tuesday of each month thereafter from 6:00 – 8:45 pm.
- We will NOT meet in-studio on April 23, June 4 or 11, July 2 or 9, August (all sessions online) & October 1, 2019.
- Sessions that are NOT held in-studio will be offered through online audio and visual content with lead instructor.
- Training-Teaching-Practice [TTP] Master Clinics are held on the last Tuesday of each month 5:00-7:00 pm (except in August & December) for yoga teachers (CECs available) and yoga teachers-in-training (TTP hours)–you are required to attend at least 4 of these for training and practice purposes.
- To meet Yoga Alliance [YA] Practicum requirements (only should you wish to receive Teacher Certification through the YA) Community Yoga Classes give you an opportunity to practice teach and are typically offered on the first three Tuesdays of September and October from 5:00-6:00 pm (and can be extended into November and December for those who wish to accrue practice hours teaching).
Weekend intensives (Saturday and Sunday: 8.0 hours each day): 48.0 hours
Weekend 1: March 16 – 17, 2019
Weekend 2: May 18 – 19, 2019
Final Practicum – Split Weekends: Saturday October 12, 10a – 6p & Saturday October 19, 10a – 6p, 2019
Practice Requirements: 24.0+ hours – In-studio guided group yoga practice with lead and affiliated teachers
Elective Contact Hours: 20.0+ You need to complete at least 20.0 hours of scheduled in-studio or off-site training and practice with Self-Mastery TT-authorized program trainers and facilitators covering specific topics designated by the SMTT program and to meet the requirements of the 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification.
Non-Contact Hours: 20.0+ These hours include:
- Completing homework reading assignments
- Sequencing assignments & review
- 2 Quizzes + 1 Mid-term with in-class review
- Attending and submitting review of at least 5 outside yoga classes
- Observation and evaluation of at least 3 classes by lead instructor with in-class follow-up
- In-class review and discussion of each of 3 yoga-related DVDs
- Independent Study Report (2-5 pages) with 15-minute in-class presentation
Program Cost / Investment Options
$2,999 – if paying all at once and paid by 12/1/18 ($100 off if you register at the time of info session!) $1,000 – deposit + monthly debit $229.90 Dec 15 – Sept 15, or remaining payment in full $2,299 by 12/31/18
$3,299 – payment in full by 12/31/18
(Payment options above do not include the following)
- Self-Mastery Teacher Training Blue Monkey Practice Pass (valid for 1 yr from date of purchase): $390
- 20+ hours of elective contact hours and outside yoga classes and/or workshops to be approved by Lead Instructor (this may include classes or workshops that you have previously completed and received certification for and wish to apply to the Program of Self-Mastery & Teacher Training, or hours you plan to take that will focus on the specific focus/audience you wish to teach)
- Yoga books required for the training and program [Reading List is offered at informational sessions]
- Yoga Insurance ~ required toward the end of the program for practice and assistant teaching outside of Yoga Mandala [offered through Yoga Alliance membership, Philadelphia Insurance Companies and BeYogi
- RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) fee with Yoga Alliance ~ only applicable if you make the choice to become a Registered Yoga Teacher
Nicole A. Grant, MS, C-IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists), E-RYT500, YACEP (Yoga Alliance) & Reiki Master
Pam Gaither, ERYT-500, C-IAYT Yoga Philosophy & Teaching Methodologies
Lena El-Chehabi, RYT-200 Teaching Methodologies
Rev. Gita Beth Bryant, Reiki Master Yoga Philosophy, Kirtan & Mantras
Maureen Miller, E-RYT-500, YACEP Restorative Yoga & Yoga Nidra Training
Cynthia Peterson, RYT-200 Ayurveda
Sharon Marrama, E-RYT500 Children’s Yoga Programs & The Business of Yoga