Yoga Mandala Academy Programs & Training Certifications
Learn. Demonstrate. Teach. ACT.
Yoga Mandala Academy Yoga Programs & Training Certifications
Lead by Senior Yoga Instructor Nicole Grant, MS, C-IAYT, E-RYT500 & YACEP provider and fellow Instructors
About Mandala Academy’s Self-Mastery Yoga Programs & Training Certifications*
Did you ever wonder if there was more to your yoga than maybe just asana, or the same stagnant routine on your mat, or the purpose of it altogether? What shows up on your yoga mat is reflective of how you live your life and perhaps too, what about your life wants to shift. Maybe your yoga has changed your perspective on things. Maybe you are feeling the positive effects of your practice in the sphere of your life. Maybe you want to become a yoga teacher. Maybe you don’t. But what if becoming a yoga teacher is not the point, but rather the potential side-effect of your journey? Why shortchange yourself on any experience by deciding ahead of time what the outcome is going to be? Is this not the point of yoga and the very teachings of the Bhagavad Gita? Whether you decide to be a yoga teacher or not, be a yoga practitioner for the sake of being a yoga practitioner and take your yoga into action in the world. If you apply yourself wholeheartedly to your craft then the path will unfold before you from a place of trust and sincerity within yourself. And you should ask nothing less of any teacher in whom you choose to place your trust.
Consider now what lessons can you derive from your experiences on the mat to revitalize your expression of yourself off the mat and in your life. Do you want to know more about how to extend to others the benefits of your own personal revelations through your practice of yoga? Is there an inner drive to engage with your own evolution through yoga? And if you feel called to seek more from your yoga but do not yet know why or how, perhaps the perfect time to invest in yourself and take the dive is right now.
Our trainings are designed to engage you on the levels of the somatic, energetic, intellectual and spiritual in order to provide you with the most comprehensive and integrated approach to receiving the teachings and methodology of yoga AND empower you with the tools and processes to building alliance power that allows you to take your yoga beyond what the yoga industry can offer. While we provide a basic yet comprehensive 200+hour Self-Mastery Yoga Certification & Teacher Training Program, our one-day Intensives and 6-day Educational Ventures (which can also be applied towards your 500+ hour Self-Mastery Certification) engage you in the direction of your own awakening and teach you how to apply everything you learn to all realms of your personal, professional and spiritual life. Our training programs very intentionally limit the number of participants to offer the optimal level of human connection, collaboration and community.
I make a sincere heart-vow to you that, should you challenge yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be, this investment in yourself will be worth every single penny, every single minute, and every single breath you commit to your self-evolutionary process through yoga. Remember always, yoga is not a destination, but rather a process, a practice, and a very powerful journey. I invite you to explore our programs below. Contact me personally at Nicole@yogamandala.com with any questions you may have.
*Yoga Mandala’s 200+hour Self-Mastery Yoga Program is approved by the Yoga Alliance to certify you as a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level. While our program is designed to offer you all the tools you will need to teach yoga, our intention is to empower you through your yoga to engage in more authentic connection with yourself, in relationship to others and in your life–whether you choose to become a yoga teacher or not. We do not call this a “teacher training” program as the Yoga Alliance provides no oversight over the actual application of the teacher training programs they approve. So the mandate for each “teacher training” program ultimately lies in the hands of those of us delivering our respective programming. We will gladly refer you to an alternative program if we do not feel we can provide you with what you are looking for. Blessings, Nicole
Upcoming Informational Sessions (for 2020 & 2021 training programs): COMING SOON…
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BELOW
200+Hour Self Mastery Yoga Program & Teacher Training Certification
Weekly Sessions (in-studio and online content): 108.0 hours
January 8 – October 19, 2019:
- Please commit to meeting in-studio on the first three Tuesdays of January 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- In-studio every first & third Tuesday of each month thereafter from 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- We will NOT meet in-studio on April 23, June 4 or 11, July 2 or 9, August (all sessions online) & October 1, 2019.
- Sessions that are NOT held in-studio will be offered through online audio and visual content with lead instructor.
- Training-Teaching-Practice [TTP] Master Clinics are held on the last Tuesday of each month 5:00-7:00 pm (except in July, August & December) for yoga teachers (CECs available) and yoga teachers-in-training (TTP hours)–you are required to attend at least 4 of these for training and practice purposes.
- To meet Yoga Alliance [YA] Practicum requirements (only should you wish to receive Teacher Certification through the YA) Community Yoga Classes give you an opportunity to practice teach and are typically offered on the first three Tuesdays of September and October from 5:00-6:00 pm (and can be extended into November and December for those who wish to accrue practice hours teaching).
Weekend intensives (Saturday and Sunday: 8.0 hours each day): 48.0 hours
Weekend 1: March 16 – 17, 2019
Weekend 2: May 18 – 19, 2019
Final Practicum – Split Weekends: Saturday October 12, 10a – 6p & Saturday October 19, 10a – 6p, 2019
Practice Requirements: 24.0+ hours – In-studio guided group yoga practice with lead and affiliated teachers
Elective Contact Hours: 20.0+ You need to complete at least 20.0 hours of scheduled in-studio or off-site training and practice with Yoga Mandala-authorized program trainers and facilitators covering specific topics designated by the Self-Mastery Yoga program and to meet the requirements of the 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification.
Non-Contact Hours: 20.0+ These hours include:
- Completing homework reading assignments
- Sequencing assignments & review
- 2 Quizzes + 1 Mid-term with in-class review
- Attending and submitting review of at least 5 outside yoga classes
- Observation and evaluation of at least 3 classes by lead instructor with in-class follow-up
- In-class review and discussion of each of 3 yoga-related DVDs
- Independent Study Report (2-5 pages) with 15-minute in-class presentation
Mandala Academy Training Program Investment Options
Program Investment Options:
Yoga Mandala Academy offers a pathway to a more personally satisfying and lucrative application of the powerful methodologies of yoga to all realms of day-to-day life:
- 2.5-hour Self-Mastery Yoga Continuing Education Clinics (for seasoned yoga practitioners and yoga teachers) provide CEUs through the Yoga Alliance.
- 1-day Self-Mastery Training Intensives (for yoga practitioners, teachers & health professionals) offer insights into how to draw from your training to determine your unique gift, develop a mission statement, build your ‘value ladder’ and create messaging that matters in every conversation.
- 10-month, 200+hour Self-Mastery Yoga & Training Certification (1 year of dedicated yoga practice required) gives you all the tools to explore the yogic wisdom and walk the path of yoga in earnest, as a teacher of yoga, or in some other equally valid capacity.
- Five different 6-day Transformative Self-Mastery Ventures & Professional Training Programs (50 hours each) that extend the powerful methodologies of yoga into the realms of work, family and life balance, and serve to shift the sociocultural dynamic of self-preoccupation (inherently self-limiting) to one of greater self-awareness, human connection and potentiality (for seasoned yoga practitioners, Registered Yoga Teachers and qualified health professionals with a yoga practice); participation in all 5 of our Self-Mastery Programs certifies you at the 300+ hour level, and at the 500+ hour level if you already completed your 200+ hour RYT certification.
- 2-day Live Event & Certification (at the 500-hour level) brings together those of you who have successfully completed our five transformative programs and offers you formats for successful messaging, programming and marketing to dramatically enhance results and outcomes in your field and shift the dynamic within entire systems from the individual to a collaborative experience.
- Reiki Levels I and II, Reiki Professional & Reiki Master Level Certifications (in the Usui System of Natural Healing or Usui Shiki Ryoho) offer insights and understanding of the energetic dynamics in the realms of your personal, professional and spiritual life and how to apply this understanding to potentiating your yoga and your actions in the world.
In each of these trainings, my personal aim is to guide you to uncovering that most authentic resonance and expression of you within yourself — the diamond in the rough of what it is to be human – and show you the pathway to potentiating the greatest manifestation of yourself that you can be in the world. You are not bound by any particular system of yoga or other training; rather, you will be guided by the time-tested truths and wisdom of the yogic path itself to deliver your message in a way that matters.
- Self-Mastery Yoga Training Unlimited Practice Pass (valid for 1 yr from date of purchase)
- Elective contact hours and outside yoga classes and/or workshops to be approved by Lead Instructor (this may include classes or workshops that you have previously completed and received certification for and wish to apply to the Program of Self-Mastery & Teacher Training, or hours you plan to take that will focus on the specific focus/audience you wish to teach)
- Books & Educational Materials required for program trainings and certifications
- Professional Liability Insurance required should you choose to teach [offered through Yoga Alliance membership, Philadelphia Insurance Companies and BeYogi
- RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) fees with Yoga Alliance ~ only applicable if you make the choice to become a Registered Yoga Teacher and other Membership Fees.
Nicole A. Grant, MS, C-IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists), E-RYT500, YACEP (Yoga Alliance) & Reiki Master
Lara JK Wilson, MA, RYT-200 Mindful Experiential Learning & Meditation Instructor
Ben Kamens, MA Meditation Instructor and Yoga Philosophy
Lena El-Chehabi, RYT-200 Teaching Methodologies
Maureen Miller, E-RYT-500, YACEP Restorative Yoga & Yoga Nidra Training
Cynthia Peterson, RYT-200 The Science and Practice of Ayurveda
Sharon Marrama, E-RYT500 Children’s Yoga Programs & The Business of Yoga
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE